Tuesday, August 14, 2012





Wow, what a day !  Started out thinking I was gonna need an Ark to get to Williamsport.  Thunderstorm doesn't even begin to describe the torrent of water that I was in.  I've taken showers and not gotten this wet ! Philadlephia was looking like Atlantis there for awhile, but it finally started to break up and I made it all the way to OZ about 2:30 this afternoon.  Ran into a few of the other guys, and I know it's trite to say it, but these guys are special, and I don't mean special ed.  Funny, friendly, and welcoming.  Not a perceived ego in the bunch.  THIS IS GONNA BE A FUN TWO WEEKS !!!!  About 5:30 or so the last of the 16 rolled into Williamsport and we proceded to spend the next 45 minutes swapping goodies, pins, and life stories. Then off to the Managers / Coaches meeting which was cool seeing all the reps from Uganda, and Mexico, and Aruba and China and Japan, etc.  Makes it real when you see, and hear, some thru interpreters, all  the lcoations that are represented here.  Tomorrow is full of meetings, and field formalities (pictures, identifications, etc.) and then the Parade.  Yep, you read that right.  A 2 1/2 hour parade, in uniform, walking, thru the downtown streets of Williamsport.  We're towards the end I'm told, and we throw candy to the kids.  Don't know, but maybe that will stop them from throwing other things at us if we blow a call.  I'm jst sayin'.  I'm also told that I will get a schedule tomorrow that will cover the first 8 games, which is Thursday and Friday.  I'll make sure that info shows up here tomorrow nite so you can watch if ya want.  Request - No one here provides tapes of the games.  And you can't get them from ESPN either.   Trust me, otheres have tried.  So if  I get a plate or 1st base assignment, maybe someone back home who has  the ability to tape to a DVD can do that for me.  Would be nice to have when I get home.  I realize that I might now get 39 copies of it, but that way at least I'll know that I'll get at least one good copy !

1 comment: